It’s been a while since I blogged about the beginnings of my love for craft beer. So when we last left off I had just gotten my first homebrew kit.
This was my introduction to how beer was made. Even with the first batch I learned A LOT about the mechanics of brewing. Here is a quick list of lessons that I learned:
- Brewing the beer is easy, it’s the pre-cleaning, post-cleaning, and bottling is hard.
- You will learn to clean EVERYTHING.
- Repeat step 2 in case you missed it.
- No really, read step 2 again, it’s important.
- Having and empty plastic jug on hand for water is a nice to have
- Don’t even bother with the plastic bottles that comes with the kits. Move right into glass
- If you start with Mr. Beer and love it, you will quickly want to invest in a more mature kit
- You will want to watch your beer every day, note, I didn’t say need to. You will just want to to make sure it is okay.
- In the end, you’re entire job is to make yeast cells happy.